Do you have an article, either published or unpublished, that you'd like to submit for consideration? Please send it to email@example.com.
Buying Used Merchandise Advice
- Identifying Early Pokémon Cards, by Jay Ribak, of The Relentless Dragon
An educational article on how to identify and differentiate early Pokémon cards. Don’t miss the link to the Machamp article at the bottom of the page, it could save you a lot of money and time explaining to customers why their $1500 Machamp is really only worth $1.50 retail.
- I am Michael Bahr and This is My Pawn Shop, by Michael Bahr, of Desert Sky Games
An interesting article discussing how many game stores that deal in used goods are somewhat like pawn shops
“Getting Started” Advice
- Time Bombs, by Michael Bahr, of Desert Sky Games
An article discussing some instances of small early mistakes turning into much bigger, expensive problems later on.
- So, You Need Some Money, by Gary Ray, of Black Diamond Games
An article discussing different options for funding, including equity investors, silent investors, private lenders, and crowd funding.
- Do You Need a Lawyer? by Michael Bahr, of Desert Sky Games, and Paul Simer, of Nerdvana
Short answer? Yes. But read the article anyway!
Product Selection Advice
- Board Games at Retail: Cause and Effect, by Michael Bahr, of Desert Sky Games
An article discussing the problem posed by board gamers choosing to purchase online
- Chasing Tornados, by Michael Bahr, of Desert Sky Games
An article discussing “chasing tornadoes,” or attempting to catch the leading edge of a trend.
Sales & Discounting Advice
- Sales vs. Discounting, by Gary Ray, of Black Diamond Games
An article discussing the benefits of occasional sales over a permanent discount structure.
- Didn’t make it to GAMA 2017? Michael Bahr sums up his week there in his article, Reflecting on My Week at the 2017 GAMA Trade Show